When school is out of session, many families turn to the TV, video games, or pricey activities like the amusement park to keep kids busy. Unfortunately, these activities don’t keep children’s minds busy:
• In a recent study by Carson Dellosa Publishing, 84% of teachers said students forget or lose some skills, knowledge, or grade-level equivalency over the summer.
• Teachers typically spend an entire month at the beginning of the school year re-teaching information forgotten in the summer months.
We’d like to offer you a new way for parents to keep kids active and engaged with meaningful activities and projects – all while keeping the costs down: children’s activity subscription services. This trend allows children to avoid brain drain and parents to save time and money:
• All-in-one activities are delivered regularly to your doorstep.
• Curated activities are educationally stimulating and provide meaningful fun.
• No more running round to various stores to gather all the materials or game pieces – saves time and money.
Here are two of the leading subscription services for kids for you to consider:
Pleygo: Providing kids and adults unlimited access to the world of Lego at a minimal cost, Pleygo is designed to give parents and children the opportunity to borrow and play with new Lego sets. By renting and swapping Lego sets, parents save money and kids continue to be excited and long for the new set that comes in the mail. All Plegyo sets come with all the pieces and building instructions, and are cleaned and sanitized between each use.
o Fan, $15/month; Super Fan, $25/month; Mega Fan, $39/month; http://www.pleygo.com/pricing/
o Founder Elina Furman, also publisher of A-List Mom, can reveal the top Lego projects for kids this summer, ways to stimulate critical thinking with Legos, ways to teach your kids with Legos, metrics on how much parents save by renting vs. purchasing Legos, and more.
BabbaCo: Launched in time for summer 2013, BabbaCo’s new Summer Survivor Pack offers children ages 3 to 7 a 3-month series of three activity-packed, summer-themed boxes designed to provide kids with tons of purposeful, hands-on fun, while helping to prevent summer learning loss by stimulating critical thinking, problem-solving, and other developmental skills. Each activity is meaningful and can be enjoyed over and over again:
o Digital Membership, from $6.99/month; BabbaBox Membership, from $15.99/month; BabbaBox Premium Membership, from $29.99/month; http://www.babbaco.com/join.
o Creator Jessica Kim can reveal DIY crafts, summer-themed products, easy ideas for avoiding the summer slump, and more.